09 October, 2010

Writer Overload

I'm suffering from writer's overload -- a genetically-based affliction affecting only a select part of the population.  I realize that all women (and some men) are super beings, capable of multi-tasking from dawn till dark, but there are limits.

In addition to all the little mundane things like, job, laundry, shopping, cooking, dog, elderly mother, yard, major attic and basement renovation and fall clean up, I am presently:
1.    working on my only-half-finished manuscript
2.    taking an on-line course on improving my first five pages
3.    participating in Krista's BlurbX exercise
4.    working on my flash piece for CrimeBake
5.    writing free-lance articles for a dog rescue group.
6.    editing a short story I hope to SELL.
I'm exhausted and it isn't even lunch time.  And I desperately need a haircut and manicure!

In the good old days, when I was a project manager overseeing 3 projects, I thought I had time management down to a science.  Now I know better.  There simply isn't enough time for everything.  Which is why I get up at 5 a.m. so I can sneak in a measly 60 minutes of writing before the day begins, and why I'm still up at 11:30 p.m. answering email, reading on-line blogs, and still writing.

If only I didn't love writing so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment