Rather than a long list of empty good intentions, this year I'm writing down my blessings. Scratch exercise every day from the list, add completed water-proofing leaky basement -- and it worked.
This year's list is diverse:
- a year of good health for the entire family
- celebrating my mother's 90th birthday
- the safe rescue of all 33 trapped Chilean miners
- attending Seascape, Mystery 203, and Crime Bake
- an improving economy
- seeing my "foster" puppy go to his wonderful "forever" home
- a friend's first published book - hope for the rest of us .
- renewing an old friendship after 15 years
- much needed house repairs complete
- the Gulf oil spill clean up
- the slow, but steady recovery of an ill friend (no more dialysis! Yeah!)
- finishing 50K words of my WIP
- the safe return of many (but unfortunately, not all) of our young service men and women
- my many friends, near and far, old and new
- the promise of another exciting year - 2011
What's on your list?